Sunday 8 October 2017

Toolkit - Illustrator Lessons 1&2

Following on from the alien designs I made a few weeks ago, we began work on making the drawings digital in Illustrator. I found it a very interesting task and I'm not a big fan of Illustrator, and I also missed lesson one, which is where the class drew out the outline of the monster character using the pen tool. I've used the pen tool previously in college, so it was a little easier to catch up with everyone else in the second lesson.

In the second lesson from this Friday, we worked on colouring our characters. We used the live paint tool to easily fill in block colours for the monster designs, just like using the bucket tool in Photoshop. I quite enjoyed doing something new, although I struggled a bit with putting shadows and highlights onto my character. I'm not quite finished with the details, but here's what I have so far:


I also worked on some different colour variations of my character, shown below.


I'd like to finish my monster's shadows and highlights before next lesson so I'll be ready for the next stage. I'm excited to get to the finished product!

1 comment: