Friday 6 October 2017

Toolkit - Bouncing Ball Animations

Today in Nat's lesson we animated some bouncing balls. We started by creating some arcs and making the ball follow the line.


Then, we moved on to making a tennis ball, ping pong ball and bowling ball bounce. Because they are all different weights, they all bounce differently:

After showing this attempt to Nat, she gave me a few things to improve on. The ping pong ball needed to speed up as it got closer to the ground, and do lots of smaller and faster bounces near the end. I needed to make the tennis ball less cartoonish, so I decided to start the tennis ball animation again, and edit the ping pong one a bit.


This is the second attempt at animating the different balls, and I think it looks a lot more natural this way. I really enjoyed this lesson and getting to know the basics of animation!

1 comment: