Wednesday 25 October 2017

The 'What If?' Metropolis - Thumbnails 1-11

I've made a start on some thumbnails for my project! This is an aspect that I really struggled with during Invisible Cities, so I've made a few changes. I felt like I didn't have much breathing room with the thumbnails and they had to look 'perfect' - be these great ideas inside a little box, e.t.c. However after the first project I know this really isn't the way to work. I had so much trouble coming up with ideas because I was trying too hard! So this time I've going to do it my own way, not focusing on how it should look, and not care about how it's going to look because I'm trying to come up with ideas, not have a finished work of art from thumbnail 1. This time I'm not drawing boxes for my thumbnails (I'll focus on this later on when I have some more concrete ideas) and I'm drawing any idea that comes to me even if they are a bit rubbish! I really want to get to 100 thumbnails this time, so here's 1-11!




4 comments:

  1. Bravo, Chloe! What I'd really like to see you do too is get into the habit of scanning in your sketchbook pages and just digitising them so you can present them on here as clean, bold examples - I do like the sense of archiving these photographs of your pages create - but I'd like both approaches on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I like the look of 1 and 4! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those are actually my favourites too! :)

      Delete